Chandrababu: Beginning of the end?
16 Jun, 2015 16:28 IST|Sakshi
A flurry of activity surrounding the chief ministers of both Telugu states sent the political observers and media into a tizzy.
A series of high-level meetings by T CM Chandrababu Naidu and frantic activity on Chandrababu Naidu’s part gave rise to speculation that something tumultuous is underway.
The developments so far:
- KCR’s met Governor ESL Narasimhan on Monday to bring to his notice the conspiracy allegedly hatched by TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu to dethrone him. He told him that efforts were made to wean away 30 of his ministers. The meeting is unusually long and it lasts for over a hour and a half.
- Telangana DGP Anurag Sharma and Hyderabad commissioner of police Mahender Reddy met Telangana chief secretary last night
- Telangana DGP Anurag Sharma and Hyderabad commissioner of police met K Chandrasekhar Rao on Tuesday.
- Later, both the top cops called on Governor on Tuesday. This gave rise to speculations about some possible action in the Cash for Votes scam.
- Chandrababu Naidu held a key meeting with some close acolytes including ministers at his chamber. He also met with senior police and IAS officers on Tuesday morning.
- Barely hours later, he held an emergency meeting with the officials again. Many ministers started reaching CM’s chamber. Several ministers cancel their prior engagements and rush to Chandrababu Naidu’s chambers.
- Chandrababu holds a key meeting with Finance Minister and No 2 in AP Cabinet Yanamala Ramakrishnudu.
- The meeting comes close on the heels of handing over of 14 tapes related to the Cash for Votes scam and heightened security at the Forensic lab, where the tapes were deposited.
- News begins to circulate that Chandrababu could be served notices by the T ACB anytime. The ACB briefs the T CM and submits report to the Governor too. Rumours are afloat that CBN could ACB notices within a couple of hours.